Friday 15 March 2013

Exciting news...

I recently learned that my friend Kasia and I have been successful in our application to volunteer with the charity Akosia, to work with them on a 4-week project in Accra, Ghana in August this year.  Akosia brings creative projects to working and street children in Ghana, Mexico and Mongolia, nurturing creativity and encouraging the learning of new skills and the development of self-confidence and self-expression.  I think this is such an amazing idea and I'm so excited to have the opportunity to be involved!

To cover our expenses we'll be doing a lot of fundraising so please watch this space :)  In the first instance, 100% of all sales in my Etsy shop between now and August will go towards the cause.

So exciting!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate - long time since we spoke! How amazing to be chosen with your friend; bet you are both so excited! Hope you are keeping well and don't have too much snow at the moment.

Hugs.

Karen x