Saturday 6 February 2010

A rainy afternoon...

There's not much I like better than getting down to some embellisher action on a dreary, misty, moisty Saturday afternoon... .

I had quite a busy December and January in my shop, which has meant I've been able to splash out on some gorgeous new fibres.  I'm particularly loving silk bell caps/hankies at the moment - a little goes such a long way, and with wonderful dyers out there like fibercottage and knotmydayjob providing such beautiful colour inspiration, I've been having fun this afternoon!

So, here's what I came up with.  I'm particularly excited as more ring blanks have arrived from Olay, so I'll be getting to work on more felted, embroidered and beaded rings this evening.

These will become rings, earrings, necklaces and brooches sometime soon :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I've nominated you as a Sunshine blogger, so please accept this Sunshine Blog Award for positivity and creativity. You can find out more on my blog post at http://fibrefrolics.wordpress.com
Best wishes,
Penny

Angela said...

hello there, i’ve nominated you as one of my sunshine bloggers so please accept this sunshine blog award for positivity and creativity :)

You can find out more at my blog http://www.angelabarrow.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2010/02/sunshine-award/?preview=true&preview_id=654&preview_nonce=4cb7329ffc

Kate said...

Thank you, both of you - it's very kind of you to nominate me!

Kate x