Saturday 13 February 2010

Silk hankies and general fibre goodness...

The penultimate item of my recent fibre order extravaganza arrived this week - beautiful silk hankie fibres from EndlessInspiration

 Did I mention how much I'm loving working with silk hankie/bell cap fibre at the moment?  Although it's a bit tricky to manipulate with my dry winter hands, it's just so light and beautiful, and a little goes such a long way!  

This wonderful  rainbow mix of colours inspired me to have a go at making a start on a project prototype.  It's an idea I've been thinking about trying for a while, which then became more defined through discussion with my sister when I was visiting with her recently.

I won't say any more just yet, but here is a sneak peek at the initial stages - I made a start on 2 different versions today:


Last of all, I've been really enjoying working on more rings - here they all are:
...rather fiddly (even by my standards!) but very satisfying :)

2 comments:

Chris Gray said...

..what a gorgeous range of colours...


...looks like you're having fun up there ;-)

Jensters said...

These look lovely lined up in a colourful row.