Wednesday 5 November 2008

Thalassa



Continuing my obsession with all things turquoise, teal and aqua, here are some photos of the process of me making another wee felted, beaded and embroidered brooch.  The finished article is now for sale in my Etsy shop!

I started off making the felted base with wool roving and angelina fibres for a bit of sparkle.




Then over the top I felted some bamboo fibres, and some silk throwsters waste, for extra texture and sheen.

Then I did a wee bit of embroidery - some satin and split stitch, and lots of french knots,  in lovely glossy thread.   After adding a few tiny glass beads and some freshwater pearls, I hemmed the brooch ready to put on the backing and brooch finding.







And here is the finished article, with a pencil to give an idea of scale.

No comments: